1. How can I use tracking software with my language?
If your language is not listed in language selection box, you can download our software English language file and translate them using text editor. Send us translated files and we will add your language.
English language file can be downloaded here.
2. If I press SOS button, will any sound signal appear on PC?
3. Can I add more than one e-mail to event?
4. How big is location packet that GPS device is sending to server?
5. Can I connect camera to my GPS device and view it on server?
6. Why I don’t see Administrator panel when I use your server?
7. Can I show on my website map from your server so my customers can see how cars are moving?
8. Can I use your tracking software on my mobile phone?
9. I have GPS tracker, which is not listed in your supported devices list, what should I do?
10. When I add new device for trial I receive "Inactive Object" error message, why?
11. How to connect temperature, fuel or any other sensor?
12. Notification: Can't send e-mail. Contact administrator, what should I do?
Notification appears if you didn't configure e-mail server or configuration was done incorrectly. Example on how to set it up available here.
13. Why SMS gateway doesn't work?
SMS gateway can be configured to work globally for all server accounts or each account owner can setup his own, independent SMS gateway using Android SMS gateway app or external SMS service.
If global SMS gateway doesn't work, follow steps to eliminate problem:
- Make sure SMS gateway is enabled in Control panel.
- Edit user account in Control panel and make sure Server SMS gateway is enabled.
- Login to user account and make sure SMS gateway is disabled.
- If SMS gateway app is used, you should check following:
a. Make sure correct server address is used in app settings.
b. Make sure number filter value is the same in application, user account and events (Number filter - if set for example to +370 it will allow to send SMS messages to numbers which start with country code +370):
14. How to configure billing?
Software has billing feature, which allows for account owners to order plan and activate objects. Funds can be collected using PayPal or other payment gateway. After customer orders particular plan, it will be automatically assigned to account for further use and administrator will get notification about received payment.
Example below explains how to configure billing with PayPal payment system:
- Visit Control panel, Manage server, Billing.
- Enable billing.
- Choose Gateway: PayPal.
- Currency: set currency (make sure it is accepted by payment gateway provider).
- PayPal account: enter you PayPal account email.
- PayPal custom: enter any identifier like PP1.
- PayPal IPN URL: https://s1.gps-server.net/api/billing/paypal.php.
Next step is to login to PayPal account and do next:
- Visit Profile, My selling tools.
- In the list find instant payment notifications and press update.
- In Instant Payment Notification (IPN) page enter notification URL (https://s1.gps-server.net/api/billing/paypal.php) and enable message delivery.
15. Why email messages can't be delivered?
If email server is set correctly, but you email messages can't be delivered to recipient, make sure you set working no-reply email in Control panel. If no-reply email address doesn't really exist, then email sending won't work in some servers.
16. How to get Google Maps key?
- Visit https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform
- In top right corner press Console
- Login with your Gmail account or create new
- Create new project
- Press Enable APIs and services
- Press enable
- Visit Credentials tab, press Create credentials and select API key
- In dialog you will see your Google maps key
17. How to enable push notifications?
What are push notifications?
Push notification is a message that pops up on a mobile device. Users don't have to be in the app or using their devices to receive them. Push notifications look like SMS text messages and mobile alerts, but they only reach users who have installed app.
How to start using push notifications?
While creating event in GPS-server account, enable push notifications feature in notifications section:
Next step is to enable puch notifications in GPS Server Mobile app: